Last time I mentioned the projects I was working on, and I am happy to say that they’re finally done!
The book, as I predicted, took a long time: almost 2 weeks! Most of it was my fault, I kept making mistakes and had to redo a lot of it over and over again. It had been a while since I did anything involving book binding.
I’m over the moon with how things turned out! I can’t believe I did it all by myself, it took a couple of mistakes but now it’s ready for the opening party on the 8th of October.
Now Alessandro and I need to make a sign for the big opening to put on top of this guest book so that nobody can miss it. To be honest, it’s kind of hard to miss, I made it as big as it could get!
Also, I made sure to use watercolour paper so that people can also draw something and express themselves. I also hope kids will use it and find it fun!
The next thing on the list was the toilet sign. It took 2 days to carve and now it just needs a final layer of wax to protect it from dust and it can be put up.
I think I will also colour the writings in black so that people can see it better, but other than that I really like the simplicity of it and I won’t add any other additional colour.
Next time I will share the final result and also the feedback from the skaters if I have some.
As you know we have a new volunteer: Alessandro! Hope you have read his blog already. If not, stop reading my blog and go check out his first blog. That’s an order.
We already organized a workshop together! I had other tasks to do so on the day I couldn’t really assist with anything, but it was a success.
He already bonded with a lot of skaters and that’s always a good sign.
I know that it will be 3 good months with him when we will work together.
That’s it for this blog.